Monday 19 March 2007

Where's my Faiz!?

Can't seem to find it! Very irritated as wanted to read something from it. It went something on the lines of: Dil rahine ghame jahaan hai aaj... cannot remember the lines and can't find my book! These things are torture. But I am remembering these lines now:

Raat yun dil mein teri khoyi hui yaad aayi,
Jaise veeraane mein chupke se bahaar aa jaye,
Jaise sehraaon mein haulay se chale baad-e-naseem,
Jaise beemaar ko be-wajh quraar aa jaaye.

Last night your lost memories made their way to my heart,
As if it was spring in a desolate land,
A soft breeze on the desert sands,
An impulsive comfort to an ailing heart.

Have been writing a wee bit more often than I actually put things up here.

Heard of Woolmer's death today and was very upset. Reminded of Escobar. And the El-Salvador and Honduras football wars. And Orwell saying sport is 'war minus the shooting'. Also thought of the recent clashes in Italy in Feb earlier this year when a policeman died in the post match riots there. I wonder whether it’s just sport. People will find any excuse for madness...

No comments: