Thursday 10 May 2007

Don't think twice it's alright...

This one goes out especially to Jill!!!

She bestowed upon me the honour of mentioning my blog in a post on her site. What does that mean?

Firstly, it means I'm really very touched and so very grateful to her. Then it means perhaps that we all cut across so many barriers in our lives like geographical and culture distances to find common ground, or like Jill puts it, 'inside we’re all pretty much the same!'

This honour comes with 3 rules, which are that I've got to a) link 5 blogs that make me think; b) link to this post so that people can easily find the origin of this info; and finally c) proudly display the award with a link to this post!

Jill I'm seeking your permission to sidestep the first rule since I only read 2 blogs that make me think and make me so very happy: These are your blog and my friend Faizaan's. Faizaan bhai was the one to encourage me to write and in fact his was one of the first blogs I ever read and still check everyday for any new post (one look at his layout and you'll see where I'm coming from!). He was two years my senior in school (we were in a boarding) although I probably remember much more of him from those years than he does. We got in touch again recently after maybe some 12 years or so. And that too through his blog our old computer teacher told me about! I'm simply happy at what time has told me...

Jill's blog was pure serendipity! I don’t quite remember now how I stumbled into it but vaguely recollect looking for online dictionaries and word-game sites and perhaps typing 'wordsmith' in the process. And voila! I found a 'wordsmith extraordinaire'! Since then I've been a regular visitor. I enjoy it so very much. It's like when you meet a complete stranger and feel some connection. How, and what, she writes is for anyone reading this post to explore (and then smile!). As for me, Jill's blog is sort of like a Tiffany's I go to for breakfast!

Jill, till the time I don’t have 5 names on my list, I think it would be improper to display the award. You've brought up a mention in your post and it doesn't get bigger for me!

So my two winners are Jill and Faizaan bhai!

Jill, thank you once again ! :-)

3 comments:

jill terry said...

Break the rules...post the award...because you deserve it!

jill terry said...

P.S. You're making me blush...

Mrinal said...

If you say so! :)

PS: I turned the deepest red reading my name on your post!