Thursday 10 May 2007

Swimming in the rain...

Swimming in the rain... what a glorious feeling I'm happy again!

A hail storm of sorts and lashing rain for a bit. Just what was needed to cool down the otherwise boiling Delhi.

Happened without warning just when I turned right from underneath the Nehru Place flyover towards the pool. Had made a point to leave work early (how cruel times are that we call 8.30pm early!) to make it in time for a quick swim before the pool shut.

My first thought was how I'll swim now? Then realized it'll be great for the pool shouldn't be too crowded!

Well, it was neither here nor there (which is a great Bill Bryson travelogue!). Quite a few people were swimming. But I managed fine.

Had tender coconut on the way out, which is now a ritual. Chatted with the vendor of here and there (which too has become a ritual!). And then waded through the traffic back home realizing I do some 40 kilometres nearly everyday because of the detour I take for swimming. All worth it nevertheless!

The Namesake beckons… as does some music…

No comments: